Wednesday 3 February 2010

Fifties Style Wedding






A friend of mine from uni is getting married in London this summer. She's having a 1950's theme - prom style wedding dress, Rat Pack band and a red double decker bus to transport her guests!

She has asked me to help with invitations to go with the theme so I've been doing a bit of research. I saw a fab idea where you personalise records - I think that could work really well. She is only having 30 guests to the ceremony. I'm sure I can rustle up 30 old records from charity shops - Elvis, Buddy Holly etc! And I'm sure my designer Charmain can come up with something equally as fabulous as the design you see in the picture.

The bride wants a different design for the evening guests so I found this fab image of a 'just married' sign on the back of a fifties style car. We could personalise this image with this wicked fifties style font!

While I was at it I came across some beautiful images from ruffledblog.com - I think they give some great ideas for pattern and colour to inspire the fifties theme.

1 comment: